Shaw Bransford & Roth P.C. has a unique practice area, within the public employment niche, and is seeking an Accounting Manager to oversee the day-to-day financial transactions of the firm. We are a tight-knit group of attorneys and professionals. Our workplace emphasizes congeniality. We seek self-motivated applicants, and value teamwork, collaboration, and employee engagement.
The ideal candidate will have accounting experience in the legal field. As a strong communicator, this person will oversee and streamline the firm’s budgeting, billing, payroll, and financial reporting processes. They will also produce financial status reports to help improve our operational efficiency and aid in our continued growth.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all accounting operations including the bi-monthly payroll process, the timely filing of payroll taxes, and all accounts payable, accounts receivable, and the monthly client billing processes.
The selected candidate will also be customer service oriented and have great attention to detail, strong organization skills, and the ability to switch gears easily. A high level of professionalism, integrity, and discretion in handling confidential information, as well as the ability to work well with people at all levels inside and outside of the firm.
This position reports to the Director of Operations & Client Relations and has no direct reports (an individual contributor). This is a full-time position is for a 4-day work week and is located in downtown Washington, D.C. (Farragut North Metro-Red Line).
• Provide accurate and timely financial statements to senior management.
• Manage accounts payable/accounts receivable, payroll, and financial reporting transactions.
• Create and maintain client accounts, client communications, resolutions, and billing.
• Perform analysis of financial results, trends, costs, and budgets.
• Prepare financial forecast reports for income, expenses, and earnings to support strategic decision-making.
• Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP) and relevant financial reporting standards.
• Create and implement policies, controls, and procedures to identify, resolve, and document accounting issues.
• Create procedures to ensure accurate, month-end reporting that is timely and effectively communicated with external accountants
• Excellent grasp of cash and GAAP principles and best practices.
• Superior analytical and numerical abilities with business acumen.
• Proven knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and other accounting-related functions.
• Ability to be discreet and maintain the confidentiality of all client and employee information.
• Strong interpersonal and written, verbal, and active listening communication skills.
• Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities with frequent interruption.
• Three to five years of professional accounting experience.
• Exceptional organizational skills with extreme attention to detail.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office programs.
• Experience with GL packages, TABS3, electronic bill pay systems, and ADP.
• Strong understanding of financial data analysis.
• Working knowledge of federal and local tax regulations and compliance reporting.
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field.
• A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is a plus but not required.
• Experience implementing and automating systems.
• Willingness to wear many hats
• Five or more years of experience as a senior-level accounting or finance manager
• Accounting experience, and/or consulting experience in a law firm or medical office is a plus but not required.