Baylor University, in partnership with a contract services company is looking for a Driector of Engineering Technical Services to join their growing team. In this role, you will be responsible for all technical services while monitoring and managing a comprehensive energy program that includes student outreach, energy enhancement projects, data analysis, and retro-commissioning efforts. Develops energy enhancement projects to increase the efficiency of assets across campus. Develops ROI of proposed projects, champions them to the University, and upon approval oversees the implementation of the projects.
Oversees the day-to-day maintenance activities of the mechanical, electrical, and plumbing trades including all corrective and preventive maintenance activities to support campus operations. Expected to have a broad range of technical engineering (mechanical, plumbing, electrical) knowledge and expertise in order to recognize problems, troubleshoot, and develop solutions. Will ensure effective communication and coordination among the internal and external participants and stakeholders during implementation of solutions.
Responsible for directing all operations and maintenance activities at the central utility plant, the Baylor Energy Complex (BEC), and ensure adequate resources, e.g. manpower, tools, equipment, etc., are available at all times to provide for the safe and efficient operation of the BEC. Assures the plant's utility equipment operates to its highest potential while remaining in compliance with applicable safety, environmental, corporate requirements.
· Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment with no injuries.
· Oversee preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance, safety inspections, and code compliance activities.
· Prepare and manage programs, budgets, and schedules.
· Monitor work for compliance with applicable codes, industry standards, best practices, standards, and contract requirements.
· Provide technical expertise and provide creative solutions pertaining to major building equipment.
· Hire, guide, train, and give technical assistance to supervisors and employees engaged in plant and operations.
· Perform scheduled maintenance work and programming on building automation systems
· Acquire and review bids from contractors based on the scope of any necessary work required and issue purchase orders requests; verify the work is completed consistent with the quote
· Research and analyze design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, costs and maintenance requirements of designs or applications for new buildings and remodels
· Responsible for assigning tasks, setting long term and short-term team goals, and ensuring projects stay within time and budget constraints
· Ensure that work management system is accurate, and that communication is taking place with customers.
· Develop annual maintenance plan, maintains deferred maintenance list and capital projects list.
· Actively use the CMMS to manage and report on services.
· Seek ways to build the business.
· Bachelors Degree in engineering, or like field of study, required. Mechanical or electrical engineer preferred.
· 10-15 years of experience in construction and/or maintenance operations required.
· Knowledge of facilities planning, utility planning, construction management, energy program management required.
· Experience with financial reporting and management and strong skills in financial analysis.
· Must have strong communication skills (verbal & written), excellent problem solving, people management, and process management.
· Ability to interact with client management and establish/maintain effective performance-based client and customer relations.
· Must be customer focused and able to work in a fast paced and team environment.
· Strong computer skills and proficient in the use and functionality of a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).