The Bethesday Urban Partnership, a well-established Bethesda, MD non-profit organization, is seeking a permanent, full-time Marketing and Events Manager to serve as an integral member of its in-house marketing and communications team. This position is responsible for marketing and communications tasks including, but not limited to event planning, creative marketing campaigns, media and press relations, branding strategy, marketing collateral, digital marketing, arts and entertainment programming and more. Candidate should be skilled at vendor negotiation, events management, writing, community relations, sponsorship management and attention to detail.
• This is a full-time non-exempt position on site in downtown Bethesda with the benefit of a hybrid working environment.
• Evening and weekend work is required for special events.
• The role reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications
• A minimum of 4 to 6 years of experience in marketing, communications and public relations is required.
• Experience in events management preferred.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong customer service skills (phone skills, in person, email communication).
• A high degree of responsibility, initiative and professionalism.