Since 1969, ALIVE! has been working to alleviate the suffering caused by poverty and to dramatically improve the lives of those in need in the city of Alexandria. Its mission is: through faith and love, to help people faced with emergency situations or long-term needs become capable of assuming self-reliant roles in the community. ALIVE! is an interfaith volunteer organization providing basic needs services including food, transitional housing, financial assistance, furniture, housewares, and early childhood education to people living in Alexandria Virginia.
The Development Manager will working out of our Alexandria, VA office and will be responsible for fundraising and communications activities. This role is both strategic and tactical, requiring the ability to think big while managing details and execution. The Development Manager must be a strong project manager who is able to manage multiple projects with a focus on the details. This role will work closely with the Executive Director and program directors on all projects, in addition to partnering with other staff, volunteer committee leaders, and others to coordinate organizational communications and support. H/she must be a team player, a natural communicator, and willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done. This role reports to the Executive Director.
Salary and Benefits:
$65,000-$70,000 annual salary, plus full benefits package
· Collaborates with the Executive Director and board level leadership to create development and communications strategies.
· Executes and manages annual special events with the purpose of building and cultivating relationships with donors and generating revenue aligned with budgeted goals. There are two major events per year, plus several partner events.
· Seeks strategic opportunities for event development and collaboration working closely with internal team members, board members, stakeholders, and community partners.
· Manages development operations and revenue tracking by managing weekly gift processing and acknowledgement letter mail merges and mailings.
· Spearheads data input and ensures data integrity and accuracy in all records and reports in Raisers Edge.
· Manages and prepares all donor cultivation and solicitation materials by adapting messaging as needed relative to donors and volunteers.
· Supports and coordinates all marketing efforts for the organization as related to events, donor development and retention, and other areas as required.
· Oversees donor stewardship plans by implementing new and meaningful ideas to connect donors and foster relationships.
· Develops and maintains a communications calendar, content plan, and design and approval process that covers all social media and online and offline communications.
· Identifies grant opportunities and manages grants schedule with grant writers.
· 4-Year Degree or equivalent experience preferred
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in non-profit fundraising
· Solid knowledge of nonprofit fundraising, social practices and protocols and ability to interact with congregations, businesses, vendors, general public and donors
· Experience working with and managing volunteers required
· Experience working with Raisers Edge fundraising software system required
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong relationship building skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines
· Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds
· Strong customer/member services skills
· Excellent follow-up skills
· Strong MS Office skills, previous use of Excel in a professional setting is required
· Proven ability to work collaboratively with others
· Experience with online social media tools including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram desirable.
· Ability to work from the Alexandria, VA office
· Ability to work occasional evenings and/or weekends for special events
· Familiarity with Alexandria Community a plus.