This is an exciting opportunity to become the Marketing & Communications Specialist for the Rosslyn Business Improvement District (BID) serving the business tenants, employees, retailers and residents of the 17-block district of Rosslyn in the heart of Arlington, VA.
Our small and dynamic team is dedicated to producing strategic programming and initiatives at the highest levels of creativity to consistently enhance the neighborhood and foster community engagement in Rosslyn. With a long-standing reputation for excellence, the Rosslyn BID is poised to create an even more dynamic, innovative downtown district and continue our leadership in the field of place management. We offer a fun and flexible environment that encourages fresh and innovative thinking. We take an active leadership role in all that we do, serving as a collaborator, community builder and agent of positive change.
The Marketing & Communications Department is responsible for all of the Rosslyn BID’s external communication efforts including content creation, website maintenance, social media strategy and execution, ad buys, events promotion, retail support, public relations and branding. This position reports to the Marketing & Communications Director, and will support the Communications, Events and Engagement teams by providing a wide variety of communications, marketing and general support. We are looking for a proactive, highly organized,and detail-oriented professional with experience in content development, digital marketing and a working knowledge of CRMs (preferably Salesforce and Pardot), Google Analytics, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. The ideal candidate will have a creative and collaborative spirit, with the ability to juggle multiple projects and while keeping deadlines on track.
Rosslyn is an urban, active, and connected community that is home to businesses, retailers, and residents. Through new mixed-use residential options, chef-driven restaurants and food halls, ample transit options, as well as public spaces and robust programming from the Rosslyn BID, the neighborhood consistently attracts and retains a high-caliber of talented professionals. Rosslyn has lively streets, diverse dining options, and ample green public space, making it the ideal location for its businesses, residents, and businesses.
General Marketing & Communications
● Help manage and improve internal and external communications through tailored messaging to various stakeholder groups, brand awareness, strategic planning, and consistent imagery
● Collaborate with BID team members to promote the various aspects of the BID as a community resource to Rosslyn’s businesses, property owners and managers, our Board, residents, employees and visitors
● Manage design projects with contracted graphic designer. Coordinate with communications team to ensure cohesive branding of promotional materials across the BID’s platforms
● Create a sense of transparency throughout the organization pertaining to marketing and communications efforts through frequent internal touch bases with program leaders and regular, informative communication to staff
● Support Marketing & Communications Director and Digital Experience Manager as needed
Copywriting and Content Development
● Serve as primary copywriter and editor for external communication channels and internal department needs, ensuring copy is reflective of the BID’s brand image and has a consistent tone of voice
● Craft content that spotlights local individuals and companies looking to highlight their businesses/community efforts to help reflect a strong sense of community.
● Develop staff bios and feature stories to help create an internal sense of community; take ownership of staff’s presence on the BID website to make updates as needed
● Serve as the facilitator for external inquiries; assessing inquiries and connecting with the appropriate member of the BID staff to address the issue—taking a first draft of responses whenever possible
Email Marketing and Strategy
● Write, develop, and deploy weekly eblasts through Salesforce/Pardot. Facilitate eblast reviews and approvals with both internal and external stakeholders prior to deployment
● Seek opportunities to grow subscriber lists to reach a broader audience of people living, working and visiting the DMV. Monitor marketing trends and best practices and educates others
● Review, analyze and maintain database of metrics and findings to create a holistic, numbers driven picture of campaign successes and drive changes in email communication strategy.
● Assist with stakeholder outreach (general, business, restaurant and property managers); sourcing and drafting content, maintaining a regular schedule of correspondence, and helping staff members with outreach to individual contacts when applicable
● Conduct semi-regular surveys to gauge readership and community feedback, applying those findings to better suit the needs of the BID’s audiences
● Oversee the BID’s website, monitoring for necessary updates and connecting with staff to ensure accuracy
● Design webpages that strategically reflect specific campaigns and work with the Events team to maintain BID’s event calendar. Create redirects and landing pages as needed for campaigns
● Work with Geocentric to make updates to formatting and website design when necessary to better the user experience
● Develop reporting as needed through Google Analytics