This is an exciting opportunity to become the Events Manager for the Rosslyn Business Improvement District (RBID). Rosslyn is an active and busy urban neighborhood with unique access, modern design, influential companies and a strong sense of community. With a reputation for excellence, the Rosslyn BID is seen as a leader in our field.
We offer a fun and flexible office environment that encourages fresh and innovative thinking. We are devoted to new ideas that make a difference for our stakeholders and community. Our small and dynamic team is dedicated to producing strategic programming and initiatives at the highest levels of creativity. Reporting to the Vice President, Operations and Finance, the Events Manager develops and implements event and activation strategies and plans, providing a diverse mix of fun, on trend events and initiatives that help us reach our business goals. This position oversees multiple vendors and partners while collaborating closely with the RBID team on a wide variety of activities and channels. As part of the placemaking team, this person will add creative ideas to engage and build community while also contributing to strategies that enliven public spaces through visual/structural elements as well as event activations.
We are looking for an energetic and get-it done professional who will instill a forward-thinking approach to activating our neighborhood and creating an exciting sense of place with high levels of engagement. The right candidate will possess outstanding project management skills, strong initiative and a team spirit and passion for creating great experiences. They should have a comfort level in producing highly professional, large scale community events in a diversity of venues that span from public parks to private indoor facilities. This position has decision-making and budgetary authority and requires an ability to navigate regulatory requirements, juggle multiple priorities and details as well as an ability to manage vendors/partners.
· Working with BID leadership, creates an annual events and activations plan; manages event and activation related activities from start to finish. Works with staff and/or project teams to strategize and determine the type, scale, tone, theme and content of events, setting and articulating all roles and responsibilities. Assists in determining and measuring the long and short-term goals and outcomes for all events
· Develops and maintains excellent relationships with vendors, artists, county partners, community groups, donors, and other providers; continually seeks out new and on trend partners and influencers to deliver exceptional experiences.
· Assures that all event contracts and contacts are maintained and updated in Salesforce database
· Collaborates with the Communications & Marketing team to manage the event marketing process via internal channels, social media channels, influencer outreach, paid advertising, and printed collateral
· Supports Engagement team in business related activations/events
· Serves as a member of the BID’s placemaking team, collaborating to develop an overall place strategy that includes providing support and guidance to property owners, managers, and other stakeholders on how to use events and creative placemaking techniques to activate their properties
· Stays abreast of trends in event planning, event analytics and public realm activation, sharing findings with staff, looking for ways to continually advance the program. This includes systematic review and evaluation of initiatives and events using data and analytics tools to judge effectiveness.
· Manages Events Coordinator position
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor's degree, plus minimum three (3) years of relevant experience in event management, with additional project management or placemaking preferred
· Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks and priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure in a busy office with a lot of inbound requests and opportunities
· Familiarity with the real estate industry a plus
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills with interest in interacting with diverse community members
· Experience working with Arlington County, Virginia ABC and other government agencies on zoning & permitting processes a plus
· Some personnel management experience a plus
· Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends required